Monday, September 30, 2013

September Farewell

The 10 Best Things About September 2013

 


1. Alaskan Cruise - This was by far the most memorable, interesting, inspiring, and relaxing thing of the whole month.  I'll be sharing more about this next month.

2. I bought a hat while on the cruise to keep my head warm.  It's a black, furry (synthetic fur) Russian Cossack hat.  I don't wear hats.  I don't think I look good wearing hats and they make me feel self conscience.  This hat I like.  I feel good wearing it and I'm hoping to be able to wear it again during the winter.  This is new for me.  I've never been anxious to wear hats.

3. Tracy Arm Fjord - The night before we went into Tracy Arm Fjord the cruise director said that we would be heading from the cuff of Tracy's sleeve up her arm, turn at the armpit and head back down.  That gave a perfect visual of exactly what we did.  South Sawyer glacier located at the "armpit" of Tracy's Arm was the most amazing sight to see with the ice varying in shades of light blue topaz to deep blue sapphire.  For being in a very large ship we were able to get pretty close to the glacier.  The closest the captain has been able to get in all the years he has traveled into the fjord because there was so little ice floating in the water.

4. Whale Watching - Living off the coast of California makes whale watching a fairly common experience for school field trips and the like.  I wasn't sure what this experience in Alaska would be like so I was pleasantly surprised and awed by all the whales.

5. I finally have whittled out some quite time for reading/studying my scriptures on a regular daily basis.  It feels good to be in God's word daily.  Didn't realize how much I missed it.

6. September is our anniversary month.  My Mann and I celebrated 37 years of marriage this year.

7.  I'm blogging again.  I've missed my blog.  I couldn't seem to find time to blog.  I've realized that with some minor changes I could fit in some blogging at least 3 days a week. . .and that makes me happy.

8.  I had some time to have some very much needed relaxation.  My job is high stress and the relaxation from the cruise earlier in the month made me aware of the importance of relaxing.  We all relax in different ways so I'm now paying attention to what best relieves, de-stresses, and revives me.

9.  I am grateful to have had two wonderful women in my life.  Two of my aunts returned to their heavenly home within five days of each other this month.  It was good to gather together with family and friends to remember and celebrate their lives.

10. Tomatoes - I love looking out the kitchen window at all of the tomatoes plants loaded with their red orbs of deliciousness.  I love seeing the colors of varying hues of red and gold among the green.  I love how they all look as they multiply in the bowl as I harvest them.  I love eating them straight off the vine.

How about you?  What was one of the best things September has brought you?

Thanks for stopping by. 


4 comments:

  1. I love that hat and am happy your blogging again and look forward to more picture of the fjord, etc, etc. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the hat--I've always thought you look good in them. This one's a keeper for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's been a long time, but glad to see you guys are doing well. Awesome hat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a happy post (except for missing your Aunts). I am glad to see you back in blog land.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete