Saturday, September 14, 2013

Signs, Signs, Everywhere a Sign, Towers, and Nappers


This is the third post for Rinda's Scavenger Hunt.

#6 Someone or something taking a nap.


Initially I thought that this would be an easy one to find.  But not so.  I just barely got these two shots of nappers just last week.

My Mann and I really needed this nap after our early flight to San Francisco.  We fell asleep on the pool deck of the ship.  I was cold.  I'm not use to the cooler temperatures and humidity.
Later I spotted this unsuspecting, brave napper.  Nappers were hard to find since on a ship's deck there is little protection from the cold Alaskan elements.

#7 A sign that is intentionally or unintentionally funny.


This was a fun one. The first sign I spotted was on our local Ross store shopping cart. 
On a tour we rounded a corner and came upon this sign.
And then around the next corner was this one.

But I think my most favorite sign was this one found in the port of Ketchikan, Alaska.
 
Of all the items on Rinda's list I liked this one the best.  I saw signs pop up all over the place that made me smile or laugh out loud.

#8 A tower.


This was another one that I had trouble finding.
I was starting to feel a little desperate so I drove out to the beach to see what I could see.
I found a lifeguard tower.
And this decorative tower.
Then  our recent vacation gave me the opportunity to see the LAX Control Tower
 
the Coit Tower in San Francisco, CA
and this wonderful clock tower on the wharf in San Francisco.
We spent a wonderful three hours in San Francisco and saw things on the fly.  Literally.

I love how once you start looking for something in particular it starts showing up all over the place.


2 comments:

  1. All great, but I LOVE the decorative tower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you posted this forever ago, but I'm just getting round to it now.
    To me, the heart stopper is the lifeguard tower. It brings right back to my child hood summers at Huntington Beach.
    Thank you,
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete