Monday, September 16, 2013

Something New

Last week I got to see something I've only heard about before.  The America's Cup.

A lot of the significance was lost on me but at least I could appreciate the beauty of it and be impressed by the speed of the catamarans.

The America's Cup provided one of the items from Rinda's Summer Scavenger Hunt.

#9 Someone or Something that is clearly out of place or doesn't belong

I saw these two adults doing something typically done by children.  I couldn't pass up this photo opportunity.

I had another unexpected surprise when I came upon a desert in the middle of the Yukon forest.

#10 A bench that is outside.

I found this bench on Creek Street , Ketchikan, Alaska
It's called Creek Street and is full of history.  It also runs along the creek where the salmon swim up to spawn.

#11 An animal in the zoo, aquarium, nature preserve.etc


I saw some magnificent animals: humpback and orca whales, and bald eagles. Unfortunately they were in the wild.  The closest thing I could find to an animal not in the wild were these taxidermed animals.
Then we had the opportunity of going to a butterfly garden.  It's kind of a preserve for these insects.  But they aren't animals, they're insects.  So I don't know if any of these photos count for #11 


What do you think? Should it count?

1 comment: