Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Front Door

This year I decided to participate in the Document Life Project that I read about on Robin-Marie Smith's blog.  They give a new prompt each week for you to interpret in your journal any way you chose.  

The prompt for week one was Front Door.  

One of the instructions was that a picture of our front door needed to be included on the journal page.  I couldn't decide which side of the door to include in the picture.  The inside looking out or the outside looking in or the outdoor part of the door or the inside part of the door.  So many decisions can be overwhelming. 

The front door could be depicted as a sketch, drawing, painting, or photograph.  Easier decision.   I used a photograph since I knew it would be recognizable that way.  If I tried any other way I might be able to get my sketch to look like a rectangle, but it would be a stretch for it to look like a front door.  

I wanted my interpretation to show the love and peace that I hope people feel when they come inside as well the beautiful world that God has created all around us outside.

Don't know if that is what comes across but I'm please with the way it turned out.

If you thought about your front door what would you want to say about it or it to say about those that live behind it?

Have a great day.

   

2 comments:

  1. Great page! We are looking for a new front door which will suit our little country cottage better than the modern one we inherited when ww bought the house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how it came out and I recognize some of the stamping :)

    ReplyDelete