Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Hello 2014

Photo from my sister.
Hello My Darlings, I hope you have all had wonderful holiday memories.

I've had a good rest after a month unplugged from my after work hours computer.  I am feeling refreshed and ready to take on the New Year. 

With the beginning of a new year, a new month, new hopes, how about some hellos?

Hello 2014.  I am excited to see what you have in store.  I wonder what you will teach me.

Hello to a new beautifully clear, warm day.  I can't believe how pleasant the weather has been.  December, in the northern hemisphere, usually associated with cold has been so unbelievably beautiful. 

Hello new One Little Word.  SURRENDER. I can't believe how strongly you have attached yourself to me.  I know I didn't willingly seek you out.  You found and latched on to me.  This year will be about surrendering my will to God's will and more committed to walking with the King.

Hello new calendar.  I have a new calendar with a monthly picture, thought or message to remind me of my one little word for the year. 

Hello new smash journal.  I love new notebooks and pens.

Hello to a little hummingbird.  You are very curious.  Why are you hanging around our window? I enjoy watching you.  Thank you for sharing your wonder with me. 
 
Hello new daily patterns.  I have a plan of action for 2014 for some small, daily changes that hopefully will evolve into patterns making daily life less stressful.

Hello to my nephew's brand new baby.  A baby born on the cusp of the new year, or anytime for that matter, is such a blessing.

Hello shadows.  I love the way the sun shines through the windows.

Hello My Mann.  And to you're kisses whenever you pass by.

What are you saying hello to this year?  Leave some hellos in the comments or link up to your hello post.







3 comments:

  1. Hello to you on this first day of 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so lucky to have the warm Pacific in January, aren't we? I love your new word.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to say "Hello" to our calendars

    ReplyDelete