Wednesday, July 23, 2014

It's in the Little Things

My.  It's been a while.  How are you, my little blog?

I had to take some down time and make a few changes in my life.  The dust seem to be settling and I've been thinking about you lately.

With said dust settling I now have time to do some reading.  And there just happens to be a library right  around the block from my new job.  So I walked into the nice air conditioned building with the beautiful surroundings and signed up for their library card.
 
I don't know about your area but around here we have fewer county owned libraries and more city privately owned libraries.   In a way it's a pain because I now have to carry 3 library cards in my wallet.  On the other hand the privately owned libraries seem to be much prettier




and have a much better selection and stock of books.  So I got my card and checked out my book,  and took it home to happily read.  Then a few days ago I received an email from the library reminding me that I had a book checked out and that I could either return or renew it within the next few days as my time was running out.

I've never had a library remind me that I had a book checked out and to take measures so no late feeds are accrued.  Can I just say I love this library?  Every day since the email I get all giddy inside thinking how nice that was to be reminded. Typically I forget and end up paying fines.  Who tries to cut their profit?  Who is more concerned about their patron's finances?  I like this library.

I think I"ll be visiting this library a lot more.   They just won a customer.


No comments:

Post a Comment