Monday, January 26, 2015

January -ing

Finding - that I moan when I feel really, really bad.  I currently have a nasty, messy cold with head congestion, sneezing, coughing, and itchy,sore throat.  I noticed along with all these miserable cold symptoms there was a sound emanating from my throat.  I was moaning!  When I noticed my moaning I remembered I've heard the same sound coming from me when I'm in recovery after surgery.  I realized before now that I must moan when I don't feel well or I'm hurting.

Hearing - the warm Santa Ana breezes blowing through the trees for a pleasant 81 degrees while also listening to Arbonne training videos.

Watching - two Mourning Cloak butterflies flitting back and forth and up and down.  They look so free and like they are having fun frolicking in the air.

Wondering -  how to wash your hands for 20 seconds.  With this cold and having to blow my nose so frequently I'm washing my hands. A. Lot!  As I wash my hands the notice on the ship we just de-boarded in all the bathrooms to "wash your hands for at least 20 seconds" pops into my mind.  How does one do that?  Is it 20 seconds of just lathering and scrubbing or is the rinsing also included in that 20 seconds.  If it's just the lathering part of hand washing that is a long time to stand there and wash your hands.  I don't wash long enough if that is the case.  How about you?  Do you wash your hands for 20 seconds?

Reading -  I actually just finished reading two books this month.  Yeah!  I feel so accomplished. I read "The Walk"  by Richard Paul Evans and "Don't Give Up, Don't Give In" by Louis Zamperini.  Louis Zamperini is the same person the movie Unbroken was based on so the book was very interesting in that it shed more light on the movie and even going beyond the movie with snippets of lessons from his life.

Thinking - about my goals.  I have several goals I want to accomplish but I would like to define why I am selecting the goal.  When things get rough, and I know they will, I can come back to the why, what is it that is driving me to get that certain thing done in order to push through those difficult times.

Trying - to make time for being quiet.  Things have been fairly busy and cluttered with activity.  I would like to have some space to just think.  In some reading I've done I've had it confirmed to me that creativity comes out of time that is uncluttered and time for meditation.  I would like to seek more of that quiet time.

Learning - how to build a networking business so I can be relaxed about how things will go financially in retirement.  Building a business and retiring broke are both scary to me.  If I had to choose one of these scary items to deal with I think I prefer building a business to retiring broke.

 Showering - my orchids with water.  We came home from our vacation to find two of the five plants with flower stalks in bloom.  Such a happy sight.

Loving - that my kidlets try to seek me out to talk and visit with me.  I think they are the best people and so much fun to be around.

Giving - away surplus items I have around the house.  Passing those items that are no longer loved or needed on to someone who would love or want to have them.  I love the feeling of freedom I get from doing that.  I would love to make it a more consistent action in my days and weeks.  

What is currently going on in your month of January?  Share in the comments.  I'd love to hear.

1 comment: