Monday, January 19, 2015

Monday Mullings

"The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing."  Henry Ford

This quote resonated with me today as a reminder for those feelings of  discouragement I had experienced over the last week at work.    I need to remember to learn from my experience and keep movinng in the right direction.

We had been working on closing out the books for last month and the year.  Thing didn't go very quickly due to errors that popped up.  December was basically the first month I did the accounts payable and billing by myself.   In the process of closing things accounts were balancing out due to some accounting errors I had made.  This lesson has taught me that there are still some things that I don't know about my job or that I missed in the training.  So even though it was discouraging I have learned some more and hopefully those mistakes won't happen again.

Are there experiences that you have taught you some things?  If you feel comfortable sharing  them in the comments, I'd love to hear.



No comments:

Post a Comment