Thursday, January 15, 2015

Smash Book Peek

 Last year I had to say "no" to several creative outlets.  The only one I stayed fairly consistent doing was working in my smash journal.  This journal turned out to be the fattest ever and the only one with out and cover art.  It still sports the boring black and white composition book cover. 
 I enjoyed painting, cutting and pasting to create art journal pages sporadically throughout the journal.  There are several pockets of various types to hold journal tags, letters received in the post, or private thoughts.

When we had our two family reunions there was a lot of memorabilia that I wanted to include so I added flaps, file folders, and even an accordion picture book that folds out and folds back into the book..
The page on the left is another pocket page which has  a 3x4 project life card, journaling on a paint chip, and a little booklet taped to its front with washi tape.

The page on the right is something that I would do at the end of every month.  In some way I would document some things I learned during the month.
Towards the end of the year I began to change things up a smidgen by adding a flip page to the right.  On the left I did snippets of journaling, to do lists, appointments, quotes or something significant for that day.

In December I did a form of December Daily in my smash book.  I'll let you in for a peek of that next week.



1 comment:

  1. What a great smash book! I did not manage much creative during the last quarter of 2014. I'm hoping to return to my art desk this year.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete