Monday, January 5, 2015

You Should Do It


Image Credits
It is the first Monday of the first month of the New Year with a new journal, a new word, and new possibilities.  How exciting!

It kind of reminds me of how I get all giddy about new school stuff.  A fresh steno pad or notebook, the smell of a new pink eraser, brand new pens and pencils. They hold the promise of something big.  An adventure not yet realized.

Early December I figured out what my new word for 2015 would be.  With that realization came the excitement to figure out what that would mean for 2015 as far as my goals and personal growth.

This will be year five for me since I've followed Ali Edwards in choosing one little word as my focus for the year.  Some of those years there was a lot of progress and a couple where there was not so much.  Regardless of the amount of progress made in the year I was glad to have that one year of awareness due to the changes it brought about by the end of 365 days.  I can see myself continuing this practice for the rest of my life because I like the results so well.

For this year my one little word is the smallest yet.  Any smaller and it would be the word I, not a good choice in my humble opinion, or the word a, which really doesn't focus on anything.  I read a scripture early last year and when I started to think about my word for 2015 this scripture in Colossians 3:23 came back to me.

And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as unto the Lord, and not unto men;

My word is DO. 

I'm feeling the drive to Do things. Things that would make God happy and things that would make my heart sing. 

DO first things first, like prayer, reading scriptures, and working out first thing of the day.

 DO gratitude living.  Be aware of the good around me and having an optimistic attitude about my circumstances.  Let's face it if I wasn't alive I wouldn't have circumstances.  So if nothing else I should be grateful to be alive.

DO a photo a day.  I am hopping on the Capture your 365 train again this year.  I did it a few years ago with good success.   After a break I tried again last year but it didn't go well at all and I hardly picked up my camera.  I'd like to change that.

DO good.  Do something good for someone else every day.

DO the routine, Baby.  I want to get back to a routine for house blessings (Fly Lady lingo for house cleaning.  Blessing your home with love, tidiness, and less clutter is much better).  I also want to create routine for blogging (writing), journaling, hooping, creating, and meditating.

DO what is right.  In everything.

DO always remember my dependence on God, that He loves me, knows what is best for me, and He wants me back Home.

DO more reading.  I am still thinking about how I want to set this goal and be stretched yet successful.  I did quite a bit of reading last year but I don't have any documentation of all I did.  I'd like to see it documented this year.


If you haven't given the one little word a try I think you really should Do it.

What are you wantinng to do this year?




No comments:

Post a Comment