Monday, May 4, 2015

Amazing Adventure




 Source

"It is an amazing adventure to be born upon this wandering island in the sky."  Dr. Fosdick

Hello my Darlings,

Every year, every day, every hour is a new adventure into a strange land.  Keep that sense of wonder and it will take you far in life.

For my birthday last week I wanted to take the tram up to the top of the Sandia Mountains.  There I hiked a trail that had many twists and turns.  Some of the surprises around those twists and turns were beautiful vistas overlooking western Albuquerque way below, interesting wildlife, fields of snow that I was not equipped to tromp through (the mountain trails and elevation required different footwear than that of the desert floor of Albuquerque), there was the wind rushing through the trees which reminded me of waves rushing up beaches that are so familiar to me, and a silly snowman left by another for those following to enjoy.   At one point I realized that my mind was fully awake and questioning as a little child, "I wonder what's around the next corner?"  Life is the same.  "I wonder what is around the next minute, hour, day, week, or year?"

There may be some steep or treacherous trails but when we persist and reach the end we may have our breath taken away by the view.  In life we will have some hard trials (never noticed before the small difference a switch of the "i" and "a" make of turning trials into trails).    Just the same as on a mountain trail as we persist through the trial when we reach the end and realize how far we've gone it will take our breath away when we see how much we've learned and see the growth in ourselves.

There may be turns that you'll enjoy and others that will test your stamina.  But.  I can promise you that in between those twist and turns there will be others that make you smile for the much needed comic relief.  Enjoy life.  Try not to get too hung up on the hard things.  And.  Keep.  A.  Sense.  Of. Wonder.

I love you to the moon and back!!

Love,
Marmee


No comments:

Post a Comment