Sunday, November 29, 2015

Advent

It's going to be Christmas!!!

It's coming soon.

I'm excited!

I haven't felt this deep down soul excitement about Christmas for a very, very, very, very long time.   Did I mention it has been a very long time that I've felt this way?  My now grown and married kidlets were teenagers the last time I felt this way.  Anyway, I.  Love. This   Feeling.

This feeling is letting me know that my heart has been healed.  The heartache, discouragement, and bitterness has been taken away.  God is good.  He stayed with me even when I wasn't so sure about Him or if He even cared about me or my situation.  How selfish of me, I now see.

Unfailingly He manifested His love to me each day in giving me a new sunrise daily and a reason to get up and to try again.  To try and recognize His love through blessing, beauty, and His Word and that He was there the whole time.


I have been reading up on Advent and different advent traditions and advent wreaths.  In the past I've had a very simple advent calendar inside by the front door and another Christmas snowman who is outside counting down the days till Christmas.

Source
 But this year I want to do something more meaningful for me.  Something that will offer an experience with God in looking forward to the awesome gift of His Beloved Son.

Advent traditionally starts today the first Sunday of advent with the lighting of the first candle.  Tomorrow I plan on purchasing my 5 candles and pondering each night during the following weeks as I light my candle(s) about the coming of Christ; the Hope, Peace, Joy, and Love that comes because of His birth, His Gift, and His Grace.

This season may you be Hope filled, have a Peaceful soul,  have a Joyful heart, and Loving arms wrapped around others and Loving arms wrapped around you.

How do you celebrate your Christmas season? 


No comments:

Post a Comment