Monday, February 29, 2016

Smiles All Around

It isn't everyday that an extra day falls into your lap. With time passing so quickly I feel like I have scored the lottery with this extra day in February.  March has been held off 24 more hours.  I won't think about the four years it has taken to build up time for this extra day.   I'm just going to take it as a gift.
I  am having so much fun in my smash journal.  I think I am settling into a routine of sorts for it.  It is so much fun looking back and seeing some pages with tons of writing on top of collage and paint.
Or pages where I've played with no expectations.  Just scraping a little paint here, finger paint there,  paste some trash scraps here, a pretty magazine picture there, and a found piece of washi tape there.  The best part is how it makes me smile just to look at it. 
The very early stages of this journal were a little more organized which look OK to me but they just don't make me smile as much.  It may be because I was working at getting the pages to look like others I have seen on the web instead of playing with the "art".
It was about mid month when I broke away from trying to conform and started to "practice" at doing different things.  You can see in the picture on the left where I tested out stenciling a hollyhock with sponge stencils.  When I did it I didn't notice my book was upside down.  But I love it anyway.

The picture on the right has a flap page where I added extra whatnots to my memory keeping smash journal.

I'm loving it all and I can't wipe the smile off my face when I look at it.  Those simple joys.

No comments:

Post a Comment