Sunday, March 6, 2016

February's Lessons

Rita Hayworth in Rose Marie Reid swimwearhttp://moviestarmakeover.com/tag/rose-marie-reid/


1.  I love vintage clothing.  I wish it would make a comeback in the department stores.   I learned about the woman who changed swimsuit history.  Rose Marie Reid.  She believed "that every woman should feel just as glamorous in a swimsuit as they do in an evening gown and designed her suits accordingly." (Wikipedia)   Not only were her swimsuits glamorous they were functional and innovative taking us from the heavy, cumbersome swimwear to swimwear with patented fabrics for better function and fashion.  The bits I've learned about Rose Marie Reid and her life have whetted my interest to read her biography Rose Marie Reid: An Extraordinary Life written by her daughter Carol Reid Burr.

2. I learned that I like using baby wipes on my smash journal pages.   They allow me to smoosh the paint around to blend or blot off.  And it's just plain fun.  If I wipe of too much I can add more on making the process relaxing because it is so forgiving.


3. I learned that I needed to alter my focus point a bit for better results.  During January I was focused on getting some type of  exercise plan going making the much needed exercise a high      priority.  This meant getting up and going earlier each morning in order to exercise because I knew it wouldn't happen if I waited to do it after work.  It didn't take long for me to realize that by mid-afternoon I was feeling mostly tired and frustrated.  I could barely function once I made it home from work. Things weren't gong well and I didn't want to continue feeling this way through February or the rest of the year.

 I did a sort of re-evaluation trying to figure out what was going on.  During the month as I looked at my calendar the quote from Tony Robbins began to sink in.

"Your life is controlled by what you FOCUS on."

In addition to the quote I read some things that began to make me think that I may be focusing on the wrong thing.  January I was focused on the jiggly aspects of my inactive body.  During February I started  to adjust my focal point.  I still have to wake up earlier except now I don't get out of bed until I've spent time reading and studying my scriptures.  By getting that done first thing I've been happier and a lot less grumpy.  In addition I've still managed to find ways to be active 3-4 times during the week by walking 2-3 miles during my lunch break.

By changing my focal point from my physical to the spiritual areas of my life I have remembered how much better life can be when things are placed in their proper priorities.  For me if I place my spiritual life first everything else falls into place.


That's what makes life interesting.  There is always something new to learn.


No comments:

Post a Comment