Saturday, January 7, 2017

Hi There 2017

A New Year.

A new beginning. 

I love new beginnings.  I love that each morning brings a new beginning.  But there is something big about a new year with a new month and a new first day of that month. 

New beginnings stir my mind.  It gets me thinking a lot about how I might change what I didn't especially like about the day, month, year, or time before.  It's all like a do-over in a sense like Bill Murray in the movie Groundhog Day.  I love how he learned each time he lived Groundhog Day over what made him truly happy.  Isn't it amazing that when he made others happy and did things for others that it made him happy?  Don't you just love how our experiences can teach us?

I'm glad for my experiences from last year.   From them I (re)discovered how important  family is and how much fun they can be to be around.  I was shown, from another, the sorrows that come from the regret of not making time for those you love so that I would learn and not repeat it in my own life from here on out. 

Throughout the year I (re)discovered, through several different experiences, that what really matters to me are a few simple things. What was a bit surprising to me was to find that those important things are not tangible.  For me, what matters most are how my life reflects my discipleship to my Lord and Savior, my relationships with others, and being the mother my children need and the wife My Mann needs.  I want to simplify my life in order to focus on those important things this year. 

How about you?  What did you learn from last year's experiences and what do you want to do-over this year?


No comments:

Post a Comment