Sunday, April 2, 2017

Good Memories

I recently began following Paisley Rain Boots and found that there is a monthly link-up party to share a photo taken the previous month along with a short story or thoughts about the photo.



Early in March we had gone to our usual local eatery for dinner. We sat done at our usual cozy table for two tucked in the corner. The table is in the front of the whole place with the front door to the right or left depending on which way you sit at that little table for two. While waiting for our meal since I'm kind of nosy and like to watch the people go in and out the door as I turned to see the next patron I happened catch out of the corner of my eye the sunset out the window. I am a sucker for a good sunset. I just kept saying to My Mann, "Look, how pretty," "Isn't it beautiful?" "Just look at those colors!" I finally grabbed my cell phone and snapped a picture.

Later when I downloaded the pictures and could really see it I noticed that not only did I not get much of the sunset but their were silhouettes of tree limbs, cars in the parking lot, and the reflection in the window of the inside of the restaurant.

The happy dance of this picture was the reflection. We literally go to this place to eat on a weekly  basis. We enjoy the casualness of it, the food is fresh, GMO free and organic, a large variety of choices on the menu, and it is Mexican Grill cuisine. Who doesn't like that?

One of our other visits this last month we took some out of town guests there. Some how we usually introduce out-of-towners to this place.  As a matter of fact while I'm writing this (now a week since we had the out-of-towners in town) I got a text from those out-of-towners asking what the name of the place was again. After texting my answer back I asked why they were asking. They said, Quote: "We were just saying how good the food was.". Yeah, good memories.

10 comments:

  1. I love tree silhouettes, and good food. We have a few favorite places in our town too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right! The colors are beautiful. I'm so glad I found your site. The restaurant sounds perfect for a date night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it interesting how we don't see things in plain sight when our attention is fixed on one particular thing? You're right, it's the reflections that steal the show in this photo. But I like the composition of cars, tree, and sunset framed in the window, looking like a movie screen. It sounds like a great restaurant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sunset, tree silhouettes and good food - it can't get much better than this, right? It's funny how we always end up in the same places; we do exactly the same.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the sunset and the story of this place.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks as if it is a great place to go, and many memories created there. Love the reflections

    ReplyDelete
  7. Colorful sunset. the view through the window. You favorite spot reflected on the window. I think it's a winning trifecta.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty pastel sunset and the atmosphere within the restaurant feels so warm and welcoming!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a pretty picture and such a great capture of your special place. I love taking picture through windows and seeing inside and outside! It was a beautiful sunset!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Not often do we get photos of the favorite common to us places we go and they are precious to have too. The food sounds great!

    ReplyDelete