Saturday, April 15, 2017

Winter In Spring

We have been away celebrating Farm Boy's graduation from BYU-I. We are so proud of him. We also enjoyed spending the time with his little family.

The college sits just below the Teton Mountains and is the gateway to Yellowstone National Park.While we were there the weather was much colder than what My Mann and I are use to as Californians. The weekend we were there we, in one day, experienced cold winds coming off the Tetons, then rain and wind or occasionally rain without the wind, if we were lucky, This cycle repeated itself about every half hour. 


The next day we were very fortunate to experience a lot of the same as the day before with the added weather of hail. Sometimes big and sometimes small. Then later that day we had another addition of a light snow like fairy dust which somehow never seemed to hit the ground. These cycled through and over each other about ever 15 - 30 minutes. 

The next morning when we stepped out early to head back home we found everything covered in a down blanket f snow. It was beautiful. I wish it had been lighter so I could take a picture of the  forsythia  blossoms weighted with a frosting of snow. 

When the sun finally came up I couldn't get over how beautiful it all looked. The pictures aren't great since I'm shooting from a moving car down the highway, but the wonder of it, for this California girl, takes my breath away and makes me a little giddy.






Before I close I want to wish you a beautiful Easter filled with  hope, beauty and happiness.  May God bless you.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment