Friday, May 19, 2017

Artful Adventures

I've joined Nathalie Kalbach of N Studio in a fun photo stroll through the hood challenge. I learned about this from Rae Missigman's blog. I am late in joining but I'm having a lot of fun with it. There are different prompt for each of the 30 days. I have a bit of catching up do as I've just joined a couple days ago, but I love, love the inspiration I'm getting from this.

This is what I have so far.

5/19 Prompt 4 catch-up: Mailbox

I had come out with the intention of taking a picture of the open mailbox and my letter to post inside. As I put my eye to the camera I noticed the shadow of the open mailbox with tongue gaping out, the angle of the shadows from it, the light post and the pagoda light drawing the eye to the house. I thought that was kind of fun.

5/17/17 - Day 8 of challenge: Ground
 
Our house kitty, Missy, has been coming out with me on a leash while I work for a bit in the yard. After I finished up a task I was doing I checked on her to see how she was doing. I found her laying on the damp ground amongst the oregano and zucchini squash with eyes darting here and there watching birds flit above and bugs fly teasingly in front of her.

5/18/17 Day 9 of challenge: Plant life.

I have been trying to spend a few minutes each day in the yard either watering, trimming, cutting, digging, pulling, looking, or simply enjoying. As I mentioned above, Missy has been looking forward to this time as well. This time I was trimming my wisteria. I think that plant grows and inch a day with tendrils reaching and stretching in search of the nearest subject to wrap themselves around. While trimming those tendrils I nearly trampled this beautiful bearded iris. It is one of the few that I have that isn't blue. Honestly, I didn't remember I even had this one in the yard.

After being on the romp through the hood of my backyard I have found the mojo to get back into my art journaling. Last night I made a few background pages, two graduation cards, and cleaned up my space a bit. The mess is probably the reason the mojo has gone. I'm so thrilled to be getting inspiration from this stroll through the hood. This is exactly what Nathalie said would happen with this challenge.

How about you? Are you doing something to get the flow of inspiration back on the move?

2 comments:

  1. Wohooo- so glad you joined. Love the photos- hehehe tongue mailbox and look at the kitty :) So glad mojo is coming back and there will be so much more videos coming up too in the next days :) you joined at the right time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nathalie. I'm enjoying the challenge.

      Delete