Sunday, May 7, 2017

The Power of One Photo

I am joining Paisley Rain Boots for a monthly link-up party to share a photo taken the previous month along with a short story or thoughts about the photo. This is my second month to join and you're going to think I'm pretty weird. I have chosen a photo that is pretty similar to the one I chose last month. Both photos are from the inside of a restaurant. You must think I'm obsessed with food. I like food. I also like architecture and as I sat eating my delicious sandwich I was looking at the brick buildings on the main street of this little town. Having grown up close to Los Angeles and living in cities near there where there are a great deal of people, cars, concrete, and stores this little town had a fascination to me.

I like memories too. And when I see this photo so many come swimming back.

The first memory is that I finally got to eat at the Great Harvest Bread Co. I've tried on a couple other occasions while in Rexburg, Idaho to grab something to eat at the Great Harvest Bread Co. My Sweet Pea had introduced me to the Great Harvest Bread Co. many years ago and I've thought about going back on the few trips that we've been there. This time it worked out. I don't exactly remember what I had ordered except that it was on pizza bread which sent the whole sandwich over the top.

Another memory that top picture brings back is the reason we were in Rexburg this time. It was for My Farm Boy's graduation from BYU-I. I am so proud of him. He has worked hard to graduate. He amazes me watching him meet and get through the obstacles he has had to maneuver. He's done good.

The top photo also reminds me of what a joy it was watching my Little Mann interacting with My Mann, his granpa. Little Mann would put his little toy in his grampa's shirt pocket then go fishing for it over and over again. Then My Mann began to do "magic" with Little Mann making his little toy disappear and reappear again. to see the little coggs in Little Mann's brain working andthe  amazement over his little toys disappearance and reappearance was pure pleasure.


Still another memory is of the CRAZY weather we had while in Rexburg. It was alternately cold, freezing wind off the Tetons cold, raining with wind, hail, and back to cold. I've never been through weather that changed in such a short periods of time; like 15 -30 minute intervals we were getting new weather. The day we left we woke up to this.

Isn't it crazy all the memories one photo can conjure up in your brain? 

8 comments:

  1. I love the reasons you listed to why you are drawn to the main photo you took. I think we all go through periods where something is strong as our photographic subject, mine will forever by leading lines, paths, etc. because they symbolize hard work, learning, growing, the journey. Congratulations to the graduate and to you. It is a wonderful moment that should be savored while dining slow and thoughtfully. Thank you for joining us this month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love small town main streets and this looks like a nice one. One of the best things about photography for me is the power a picture has to bring memories flooding back. Thanks for sharing yours with Scene & Story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun post, and not to worry about anyone thinking you are obsessed with food.... Your restaurant posts sort of remind me of Sarahs past coffee house chronicles. Check it out if you haven't seen it. These little town restaurants are so fun to go to. Also your sweet little guy fishing for his toy in grandpa's pocket is so cute. Glad to see you back again and look forward to getting to know you! Thanks also for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A whole era in one shot. This was lovely to read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how one photo can bring up so many memories, it was fun to hear about all of yours. Congrats to the graduate!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I get excited when a street sign say Main Street, it tells me I'm in a small town. Because if it were in the city, it would have been changed to Main Boulevard.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a big fan of outside looking in and inside looking out photos, they tell so much more. Congrats to your son!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your views out the window! Congrats to the graduate!!

    ReplyDelete